Monday 10 June 2013

Thirty Five

Victoire and Amélie

Today is the last day I will be thirty four... Tomorrow I turn thirty five.

To be honest they all just seem like numbers to me. Except for the knowledge that I should surely feel old by now, I mean I'm half way between thirty and forty! 

I don't feel much older than I did a year ago though. Perhaps a little more tired, a little more worn around the edges. Parenting two babies under three years old can do that to one. Heck, parenting a two year old is pretty hairy as it is!

One thing I miss from "life before kids" is that special birthday feeling. The excitement and butterflies. Although I still love birthdays, I tend to get more excited about the children's birthdays than my own. 

This year Nico is away too, so there's extra parenting load and less being made a fuss of. Rah! 

It isn't all gloom though, in fact I haven't been able to feel sorry for myself at all. I'll be seeing my Mom for afternoon tea, and then my sister and I go out for cocktails and dinner together. So exciting! My sister and I haven't done anything like this in years and years. It's going to be a blast.

Alright... I think I'm ready... THIRTY FIVE here I come!

No comments: